Tuesday 25 January 2011

Chest offing time

(I wrote this on my DeviantArt page a while back, just felt like getting it a bit further out).

YOU ARE NOT RANDOM!!!

Simple as, neither am I. At least, not in the way that everyone who claims to be 'random' goes around babbling about.

RANDOMNESS: Having no definite aim or purpose; not sent or guided in a particular direction; made, done, occurring, etc., without method or conscious choice; haphazard.

When you think of random, you would probably think of something happening that you weren't expecting, like a Random number generator.

Unless you know someone so much that you are able to predict every single action that person is going to make down to the detail, then that person will be creating movements and actions that are 'random'

However, when you see people running around going "I'M RANDOM LOL!" what does it make you think? That they'll then proceed to shout "WHALES! CUSTARD! CHIMPANZEES!" to me, that's not random, that's just vocalizing basic human thought, if you really listened to your thoughts, that's what they'd sound like;

"It's cold in here I'm really hungry the sofa is kind of uncomfortable still hungry are there crisps left I think I left bathroom light on"

That's how we think in our heads.

So shouting 'random' words out isn't 'random' it's just shouting words that happen to flow in this stream of thought, most of the time, put there yourself deliberately, thus eliminating the 'random' part.

So, in short, Everybody and Nobody is/are random.

Next person I see saying "I'm a bit random, lol" I'm gonna punch them!

No comments:

Post a Comment